Applying to Elementary School
We understand that choosing an independent school is a major financial decision for many families. We are committed to keeping tuition as affordable as possible, while providing a rich academic curriculum and a culture with strong core values.
- Elementary School Application: For new students entering Kindergarten through 5th Grade, complete this form (3 pages) and sign it.
Annual Tuition (2020-21 School Year):
- Kindergarten – 1st Grade (8:15 am – 2:00 pm) $13,400
- 2nd Grade – 5th Grade (8:15 am – 3:00 pm) $14,000
Tuition Payment Choices:
- Annual: Entire tuition is paid by July 1, 2020. Optional purchase of “Tuition Refund Plan” insurance (T.R.P.) equal to 3% of tuition.
- Biannual: 50% of tuition is due on July 1, 2020 and 50% is due on January 1, 2021. Required purchase of T.R.P. equal to 3% of tuition.
- Monthly: A one-time service charge of 4% of tuition is due on July 1. Required purchase of T.R.P. equal to 3% of tuition. The first tuition payment (1/10 of tuition) is due on July 1, 2019. The remaining nine monthly payments are due on the first of each month thereafter. The final payment for the school year is due on April 1, 2021.
Annual Books, Classroom and Art Supplies, Technology, Rosetta Stone License, Yearbook Fees:
Due on July 1
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade $875
Returning Student Deposit:
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade (non-refundable and applied towards tuition) $500
- Play Program (extended day care) is $8.40 per hour (available 7 am – 5:30 pm)
- Return Check Fee $30
New Student Application and Testing Fee:
For new students, a fee is due at the time the application forms are returned. This is a non-refundable processing fee. This also includes the testing fee for students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade.
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade $225 (includes entrance testing)
New Student Testing:
New students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade will sit for a standardized entrance test. For students entering Kindergarten, they will receive the Metropolitan Readiness test. For students entering 1st – 5th Grades, they will receive the Stanford Test, 9th Ed. New student testing is scheduled for a Saturday, March 14 @ 8:30 am. The tests will be scored and the parents will receive a copy of the results.
For new students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade, please sign this “Parent Authorization for Release of School Records” form and deliver it to the school your child currently attends.
Confidential Homeroom Teacher Recommendation:
Confidential between Carden Conejo and the sending school. For students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade from a private elementary school, we require the student’s current home-room teacher’s evaluation. This evaluation does not become part of the student’s records.
Confidential Administrative Student Recommendation:
Confidential between Carden Conejo and the sending school. For students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade from a private elementary school, this form may be completed by the Head of School, Principal, Dean, or other school administrator. This evaluation does not become part of the student’s records.