Applying to Elementary School
We understand that choosing an independent school is a major financial decision for many families. We are committed to keeping tuition as affordable as possible while providing a rich academic curriculum and a culture with strong core values.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year.
In order to apply to Carden Conejo School for the 2023-24 school year, please submit the application form plus the $150 application fee. Please also submit report cards, school records, and a teacher recommendation.
The application form and fee can be mailed or delivered to the school at:
Carden Conejo School
975 Evenstar Avenue
Westlake Village, CA 91361
- Elementary School Application: For new students entering Kindergarten through 5th Grade, complete this form (3 pages) and sign it.
Annual Tuition (2023-24 School Year):
- Kindergarten – 1st Grade (8:15 am – 2:00 pm) $15,200
- 2nd Grade – 5th Grade (8:15 am – 3:00 pm) $15,900
Tuition Payment Choices:
- Annual: Entire tuition is paid by July 1, 2023. Optional purchase of “Tuition Refund Plan” insurance (T.R.P.) equal to 3% of tuition.
- Biannual: 50% of tuition is due on July 1, 2023, and 50% is due on January 1, 2023. Required purchase of T.R.P. equal to 3% of tuition.
- Monthly: A one-time service charge of 4% of tuition is due on July 1. Required purchase of T.R.P. equal to 3% of tuition. The first tuition payment (1/10 of tuition) is due on July 1, 2023. The remaining nine monthly payments are due on the first of each month thereafter. The final payment for the school year is due on April 1, 2024.
Annual Books, Classroom and Art Supplies, Technology, Rosetta Stone License, Yearbook Fees:
Due on July 1
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade $875
Returning Student Tuition Deposit:
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade (non-refundable and credited towards tuition) $500
- Play Program (extended day care) is available for $12 per hour based on usage.
- Return Check Fee $30
New Student Application Fee:
For new students, a fee is due at the time the application forms are returned. This is a non-refundable processing fee. It is not a tuition deposit.
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade $150
For new students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade, please sign this “Parent Authorization for Release of School Records” form and deliver it to the school your child currently attends.
Confidential Homeroom Teacher Recommendation:
Confidential between Carden Conejo and the sending school. For students entering Kindergarten – 5th Grade from a private elementary school, we require the student’s current home-room teacher’s evaluation. This evaluation does not become part of the student’s records.